Preciously handcrafted, handwoven greek sandals
There is a lot of history in this island..growing up in Cyprus we all get to study great Greek poetry, literature and mythology. This is where my name comes in, traditionally taken by my grandmother. Thalia was one of the nine muses in Ancient Greek Mythology, my grandmother used to always recite their names to me when i was little. So beautifully she was the muse of Comedy and Idyllic Poetry and she was represented with the comedy mask and crowned with Ivy. Thalia also means ‘the joyous, the flourishing’. So this is where the brand logo comes in; Thalia Bo is placed in a half wreath of ivy representing joy,comedy,poetry and all that inspires.
This is a great opportunity, not only to be creative and come up with beautiful products, but to stand up for what really matters.
- Supporting community – By making our shoes locally.
- Giving back – By training people in the traditional craft of hand weaving and creating jobs.
- Sustainability – By creating shoes that have minimal impact on the environment (Our shoes are created only by three materials and can be easily repaired or disassembled). Keeping manufacturing all locally keeps our footprint pretty low.
- Comfort – By making our soles of non polished leather our sandals are breathable. Our heels are only 0.5cm and made of rubber, which means your posture is not compromised, and there is enough traction to keep you from slipping!
- Timeless Design – There is no following trends and creating a product for one season! That is not sustainable! You can wear our sandals until they fall apart (then we can still fix them ).
- Attention to Detail – Handwoven, Handcut and Handcrafted.
- Customisation – We offer half sizes (two different sizes) and customised colours, a perfect fit does matter!